UNSW Sydney welcomed the opportunity to make a submission in response to the discussion paper released by the Australian Universities Accord Panel, furthering our involvement in ensuring that the Australian higher education sector is well prepared for the future.
The UNSW submission emphasised that the purpose of Australia’s public universities, including UNSW, is to support the prosperity, sustainability, security, and social and economic wellbeing of Australian society.
The submission made 25 recommendations spanning:
- the future of Australia’s university system
- access, opportunity and success
- student experience, supporting infrastructure and international education
- a sustainable research system
- national skills agenda: the changing nature of learning and teaching.
UNSW looks forward to continuing to work with the Accord Panel to develop these ideas, for the betterment of the important national asset that is our universities, and the ultimate benefit of Australia.
Visit the federal Department of Education’s Australian Universities Accord website.